[OSM-talk] Defective GPS trace

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 04:24:37 GMT 2010

Thanks for the comments, everyone. In all my playing with nearmap, I have
little reason to doubt their accuracy. There are a couple of little seams
here and there, but nothing more than a couple of metres. Giving the way
this trace here meanders all over the place, I'm pretty confident that the
nearmap data is a safer bet than the trace - but I'll be paying more
attention to accuracy in the future.

Btw, can everyone actually see the trace in the URL I referred to (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=-37.880138&lon=145.193417&zoom=19&gpx=594988-
then press G)? I'm a bit uncertain about the different privacy
settings in
Potlatch.

Steve