[OSM-talk] Host free ortophotos to be used on OSM

enqd enqd at ymail.com
Wed Jan 6 01:56:46 GMT 2010

Hi, I'm newbie on OSM and as I can see we have only Yahoo imagery as
base to map some cities on Brasil (only some bigger ones)
Recently I read on  wiki that a service called nearmaps host maps to
be used on OSM.
I know a service on Brazil that have some ortophotos free, all can use
it (services that use the images only need to specify that images are
from IBGE source)
I would like to ask if OSM or anyone can host this images to be used on OSM.
The images are here:
ftp://geoftp.ibge.gov.br/mapas/ortofoto/

Will be great to Brazilian users if we have this images as base to add
streets and places on OSM.
Hope someone can host it, thanks.