[OSM-talk] Host free ortophotos to be used on OSM

Arlindo Pereira openstreetmap at arlindopereira.com
Wed Jan 6 20:31:14 GMT 2010

On an email asking that they said: (roughly translation)

"The content in our portal is public domain. However their utilization
in other portals or publications is conditioned to citing the source,
when utilizing our data. It is possible to reproduce the graphs, art
and images that are together, since you cite the source (IBGE)."

The "graphs, art and images" is because it is a geography and
statistics institute, but I'm sure it applies to the aerial photos. We
have already imported and are in process of importing GPS tracks and
traces from obscure proprietary formats after conversion of roads,
boundaries and so on. We just have to put the tag "source=IBGE" in
everything and it's OK.

Arlindo "Nighto" Pereira