[OSM-talk] no rendering of amenity=veterinary

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:42:52 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Patrick Kilian <osm at petschge.de> wrote:

> If enough flying rhinoceros' are mapped I'll add it to osmarender. The
> interesting part here is the "enough".

If this is the standard process, could it be documented? It's extremely
unclear at the moment what the process is for getting new tags supported.
You currently have this chicken-and-egg situation where you don't know if
it's worth using a tag because you don't know if it will ever be
implemented.

>As you can see the wiki doesn't play a role in this decision.

And if *that* is the case, that should definitely be documented, and the
whole voting process abandoned as a distracting waste of time.

Usage does

> but, your 835 rhinos are not yet enough to me invest my rare spare time.
> I currently have 106 features with more then 1000 uses which are not
> rendered by osmarender, 38 open trac tickets and two other projects
> (tagstat and mobilemap) to take care of. Oh, and don't forget my diploma
> thesis which is due in February.

So you're overworked. How can we help?

Steve