[OSM-talk] [Imports] ourFootPrints.de data import has started

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:46:01 GMT 2010

Unfortunatly, i havent mastered Osmosis yet. :(
... Nor postGIS

I was more thinking of visually looking at the .osm file in JOSM and
selecting the 'clusers' of data, like the biggest city and
Copy/paste/delete into a new smaller OSM file, so then you would have
a file of just the city, and the other of everything but the City.

This way, if there are members who are from  a particular town, they
can choose to only select that area and leave the rest.

(We will be using this method for the  Sidney Mapping party in 2 weeks)

I dont know if this method works in practice though :-/

cheers,
Sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada