[OSM-talk] [Imports] ourFootPrints.de data import has started

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:05:06 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 16:35, Emilie Laffray <emilie.laffray at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/11 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com>
>>
>> FWIW I tried just feeding the 16MB .osm file (it got a bit smaller) to
>> bulk_upload.py. It reached the 50k node limit on the changeset and
>> then died:
>>
>>    http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2766
>>
>> Time to check out some of the splitting tools...
>>

> There is a sax version of the bulk_upload.py in the SVN repository. It
> automatically breaks the data in different changesets. The only constraint
> is that you need an unique id for each elements (nodes, ways, relations)
> which may not be always the case. For example, you might have a way with an
> id of -1 and a relation of -1.

That's not a problem with this data.

I managed to upload the whole thing with JOSM though to the test
server in 4 changesets:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/user/ourFootPrints%20import/edits

Here's an example of a way with some modified tags:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/55355

All of the ourfootprints:* tags are derived from the
ourfootprints:raw_comment tag and munged by this super-ugly code:
http://github.com/avar/ump2osm/commit/ba5964286e4d13fe6f3b2d6b87b123f0b3a453eb

When I upload this for real I'm going to use something like these
changeset tags:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2766

Aside from doing some minor tweaking on highway classifications (e.g.
motorway -> trunk) this dataset is pretty much ready for importing
into the live database. Any comments on that?