[OSM-talk] [Haïti earthquake crisis response] Please refresh tagwatch for North Amercia

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Fri Jan 15 09:36:37 GMT 2010

http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/North-america/En/grouplist.html mentions
"Informations based on the North-america excerpt from the 2009-12-06 05:15".

I seems that various ways of tagging damage is being used. So far I have
seen mentions of :

earthquake:damage=Collapsed_buiding
earthquake:damage=Damaged_infrastructure

building=collapsed
building=risky

We also have both "earthquake:damage=Spontaneous_camp" and the advised
use of "tourism=camp_site" with "refugee=yes". ("tourism=camp_site" is
used because the correct "amenity=camp" does not render and is therefore
of no use at the moment)

A Tagwatch pass might give us an assessment of what is actually used,
and that might tell if mass harmonization to make the data more
practical for the end users should be considered useful.

I have looked at some osmChange XML from users tagging camps and
collapsed buildings. It seems, that "building=collapsed" and the
"tourism=camp_site" with "refugee=yes" combination are popular, but
nevertheless, the more systematic analysis by tagwatch might be useful.