[OSM-talk] [Haïti earthquake crisis response] Please refresh tagwat ch for North Amercia

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Fri Jan 15 11:41:39 GMT 2010

Patrick Petschge Kilian wrote:
>> A Tagwatch pass might give us an assessment of what is actually used,
>> and that might tell if mass harmonization to make the data more
>> practical for the end users should be considered useful.
>
> I totally agree. Therefore I run a separate tagstat for the haiti extracts at
> http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/
>
> It updates every 15 minutes or so and is (due to the small database) very
> fast.

Excellent, thanks !

Here is some quick analysis :

Building :
http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/tagdetails.php?tag=building

tag		uses	node	way
yes		951	4	947
collapsed	431	314	117
tank		27	0	27
risky		2	2	0

Risky is surprisingly rare considering its usefulness, but I guess that
with satellite imagery it is only possible to distinguish between normal
and collapsed.

Other relevant tags :
http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/tagdetails.php?tag=refugee
http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/tagdetails.php?tag=tourism

tag	value		uses	node	way
refugee	yes		90	2	88
tourism	camp_site	86	3	83

There is only one "amenity:camp"... And it is in Copenhagen !

Note the interesting "residential:shantytown" area tag that might be
useful to distinguish areas of different building types.

http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/search.php?query=earthquake
does not show many "earthquake:*" tags. What we have :

http://tagstat.hypercube.telascience.org/haiti/tagdetails.php?tag=earthquake:damage
tag			uses	node	way
severe			5	0	5
partially_collapsed	2	0	2