[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Daily Updates to CloudMade Routing

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:07:36 GMT 2010

Hi Alex,

We just updated the tile set today with data from Tue 15th.  There are
minutely tiles available at mapzen.cloudmade.com - but they aren't
available through the API at the moment.

We're in the process of upgrading all services to daily updates - I
know the timelyness of data has been a problem in the past so I'm sure
this batch of updates will help.

--
Nick

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:
> On 01/14/2010 05:10 AM, Nick Black wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Some of you use CloudMade's routing to debug your mapping.  We've had
>> a lot of feedback that though useful, there are two problems:
>>
>> 1 - The routing is out of date, often lagging many days behind
>> 2 - There are bugs with turn restrictions
>>
>> As of this week, we are updating routing every 24 hours which should
>> help with checking mapping and finding errors.  Routing should update
>> by early evening GMT (16.00 is the target time) with data from the
>> previous day.  So at 16:00 on Friday 15th Dec, routing will have data
>> up to 00:00 on Friday 15th Dec.   This is a new service, so exact
>> completion times for the import will probably vary.
>
> Is this already happening?  Does it affect rendering, or just routing?
> Is it worldwide?  I have a road which I updated more than a week ago
> which has not updated on cloudmade’s maps yet.
>
> -Alex Mauer “hawke”

Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b