[OSM-talk] Can we ditch the publication copyright issues with the Haiti map?

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 08:44:00 GMT 2010

2010/1/15 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>:
> As subject.
>
> Can we just grant anyone that want to report news, help on site, to use
> vector and bitmap data without creative commons madness?
>
> I think it is very ethical to say yes to the above.

Where is that CC madness you are talking about? As far as I know
CC-BY-SA just requires to publish CHANGED DATA by same license. I
really doubt anyone in this situation wouldn't like to share changes
because every update helps. And I really doubt anyone using it for
relief or publishing even touch territory of license. They can do
whatever they want, just keep attribution in a bottom of the screen
(or somewhere near the map).

Cheers,
Peter.