[OSM-talk] Using editors to indicate license preference.

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:54:55 GMT 2010

2010/1/18 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> That's not how the ODBL works.  When the switch is made to the ODBL, every
> individual changeset/node/way/etc will be effectively in the PD (everyone in
> the world will have a non-revocable license to do anything restricted by
> copyright law).  Only the database as a whole will be under ODBL.

I don't know enough about ODBL to argue that point, but it seems to be
irrelevent since getting the data out the other end as PD is what is
important to some.

If this isn't a valid method (waits for some more armchair lawyers to
turn up), then the other option is to have editors upload data to
multiple locations if the desired outcome is to have a set of PD
information.