[OSM-talk] Using editors to indicate license preference.

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jan 17 15:30:46 GMT 2010

Hi,

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> Why would it be difficult? If a node was created under license X and
> has only been edited by other users allowing license X then it's under
> license X.

Unless, some share-alike advocates would say, the node was created with
reference to a point Y that was share-alike licensed and thus becomes a
derived work.

Also, all this is nice & dandy as long as we operate in the "protection
of individual items" space; as soon as we move to the world of database
protection, then all this becomes moot because you would not even be
allowed to extract a group of PD objects from the collection without the
permission of the database owner (unless it is considered insubstantial).

Bye
Frederik