[OSM-talk] Using editors to indicate license preference.

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:46:19 GMT 2010

2010/1/18 DavidD <thewinch at gmail.com>:
> OSM has masses of CC-BY-SA data and contributors. How will the PD
> people deal with that? Start replacing the existing CC-BY-SA data and
> reverting any edits to PD data by CC-BY-SA contributors?

The point more is for new data, than existing, but this is to scratch
a particular itch, may not suit everyone.

> It doesn't look like this idea has had very much though behind it.
> It's pretty easy to see that two groups of people trying to reach the
> same goal with different licenses within the same database is going to
> cause friction.

Unless you have background on a phone call that happened the other day
and the reason for at least one person wanting PD. I am not at liberty
to share the motivations of others, but surfice to say the main goal
for me is to harmonise stuff enough that some PD people are happy
enough to keep putting new data into OSM.