[OSM-talk] Cycle route won't render

Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:00:29 GMT 2010

On 17.01.2010 11:43, Liz wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Steve Bennett wrote:
>
>>> Then we need a differentiation between oneday roundtrip routes (local)
>>> from A to B to A, and routes spanning multiple days (usually regional)
>>> from A to B to C.
>>>
>> Do we? For starters, that seems pretty arbitrary: there are routes
>> that some people would do in one day, that others would do in several.
>> And can't you tell from the distance anyway?
>>

> there are well known trails in australia like that, and it is common for
> people to do them as day walks or rides and over a number of weeks actually
> cover the entire trail.
> so dividing them up in into single day and multiday is quite artificial

I have started a wiki page here to gather thoughts:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Keys_for_relation:route

For the topic of network=mtb and differentiation I think we should wait
a few days to see what new keys are needed in general for relation=route
and then start a discussion (well especially your own favourite non
signposted routes will need some thought - because this would really
boost usefulness of osm for mountaibikers).