[OSM-talk] Cycle route won't render

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:25:29 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Richard Mann
<richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Adrian Moisey <adrian at changeover.za.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've managed to get pieces of it to render on the cycle map:
>> http://osm.org/go/kaIGiwl?layers=00B0FTF'
>
> Interestingly this appears as a GREEN cycle route, presumably because it's
> tagged route=bicycle+network=mtb. I wish these things were documented a bit
> more obviously.
>
> I've added network=mtb to the Relation table on the Cycle Routes wiki page,
> as a start.

Ah, sorry about that. I added a few routes and rendering support a few
years ago when I road the Mach trails in Machynlleth, but there wasn't
anything else that had established precedent for tagging. I thought
I'd leave it for someone to come up with a better suggestion.

Also, you can see from the following that I haven't revisited it since
I added hill colouring, since transparent-green on a green background
suckith mightiful.
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=13&lat=52.54982&lon=-3.80679&layers=B000
So that means I haven't really though about it since August 2008.
However, if loads of other people have come up with the same tagging,
maybe it's not so daft after all? :-)

Thanks for documenting it at least.

Cheers,
Andy