[OSM-talk] [Haïti earthquake crisis response] Please refresh tagwat ch for North Amercia

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Tue Jan 19 11:53:54 GMT 2010

"Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>2010/1/15 Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org>
>
>> Patrick Petschge Kilian wrote:
>>
>> tag     value           uses    node    way
>> refugee yes             90      2       88
>> tourism camp_site       86      3       83
>>

>isn't this tagging for the renderers? tourism=camp_site is used for
>emergency shelter?

Yes, this is tagging for the renderer - the renders were needed fast and "tourism=camp_site" was rendered by existing renderers whereas the proper tag for refugee camps was not. So this practical if slightly messy workaround has been used. This issue is explained in the wiki page.

I guess that the rendering of emergency and humanitarian tags will be discussed later, once this crisis will have settled down. Maybe a patch to an existing renderer will be developped and kept ready for such use.