[OSM-talk] Mapping South East Haiti

Vincent Auvigne vincent.auvigne at ekipaj.com
Fri Jan 22 09:48:46 GMT 2010

I'm collaborating with a NGO which is working in the South-East of Haiti :
Jacmel City and the surrounding country-side (South-East department). We
need urgently to evaluate the situation in rural areas because they are
difficult to access by land and it seems that there huge damages in those
areas too (although there are no journalists in the rural areas.). We are
looking for satellite imagery and other map resources to help evaluate the
earthquake damage in this area.

At the moment I have not found recent high definition imagery of this zone
and the information in OSM is quite poor. Could anyone  tell me if I can
find it somewhere or if it will be available soon ? Any kind of help is
welcomed.

Best regards

Vincent