[OSM-talk] [Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Geo-Locate the Haiti Hospitals Challenge]

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri Jan 22 14:58:45 GMT 2010

-------- Message original --------
Sujet : 	Re: [CrisisMappers] Geo-Locate the Haiti Hospitals Challenge
Date : 	Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:46:54 -0500
De : 	CJ Hendrix <hendrix.cj at gmail.com>
Répondre à : 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com
Pour : 	crisismappers <crisismappers at googlegroups.com>
Références : 	<4B595684.2070604 at gmail.com>

We are in the process of setting up humanitarian tags based on the the
UN Spatial Data Infrastructure.  These are available as a presets file
(xml) in JOSM.  That file is attached.  So, if you are taking on this
task, please use the Health facilities presets.

These presets are based on years of discussions with Subject Matter
Experts and are well-known in the UN and other humanitarian communities
(though we have streamlined them for this operation).  Soon these
presets will be posted as a live xml document that you can link your
JOSM to, however, for the moment, I am attaching them here.

AN URGENT NEED in addtion to the hospitals is to clean up the road type
tags to correspond with the humanitarian presets. Right now the tags in
the OSM road data are messy and make it difficult for people in the
field to symbolize.

--cj

CJ Hendrix
GIS & Remote Sensing Projects Manager