[OSM-talk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Re: World Bank, GFDRR, RIT, ImageCAT Remote Sensing Mission to Haiti ‐ Status Report ‐ 24 January 2010]]

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Tue Jan 26 17:45:32 GMT 2010

Margie,

I don't know what is available to you in Potlatch when you press B. (Do
you have any choice ?)

If there is no ambiguity (because only the World Bank's has covered the
area where you are working on, not Google's), I guess you can use this
in this case. (Hoping it'll get fixed in the backend later) Especially
as the World Bank has made their data public domain, they probably would
not mind such a remotely possible mis-sourcing.

Note that I cannot advise on OSM policy here. (Which seems to be
reflected in the wiki).

I think that the other way around (tagging as WB's a G's source) would
very clearly be against OSM policy, since Google has not made their data
public domain, but given OSM permission to use for tracing.

Short answer : Yes.

(Otherwise use Manual Tagging.)

Jean-Guilhem
Toulouse, France