[OSM-talk] North America extract

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jan 27 00:24:46 GMT 2010

Frank Lahrmann <frala1969 at gmail.com> writes:

> Am 26.01.2010 15:43, schrieb Nakor:
>>
>> Anybody knows where I can find a North America extract (at least US and
>> Canada)? I used to get it from geofabrik but I cannot find it there.
>>

> Have look here: http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america

That isn't a North America extract, or even a US extract.  It is a
collection of extracts by country for all except US/CA and a collection
of state/province extracts for the US and Canada.  This is quite useful,
but it isn't an entire NA extract.

I remember an earlier comment that a NA extract would be such a large
fraction of the planet file that there was no real point.