[OSM-talk] Haiti: All in One Garmin Map now with Damage layer and MapSource installer

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 27 20:34:26 GMT 2010

Hi,

Colin Marquardt wrote:
> Well, the latter one probably doesn't have anything specifically added
> for the crisis

correct.

>, and may route you along roads tagged with
> impassable=yes for instance (something which the All in One avoids).

not correct until 5 minutes ago - because I wasn't even using the
--route flag to mkgmap so the Geofabrik maps haven't ever routed anyone
anywhere. Not that people complained though - it seems that in Haiti
people prefer to navigate for themselves ;-)

I have now added the routing capability and NSIS installer to the
Geofabrik stuff as well (thank you Lambertus for the detailed
instructions), and I will continue offering these downloads, but if your
GPS is capable of running the "all in one" map then I recommend using
that instead of the simple map on the Geofabrik site.

I would recommend that http://haiti.crisiscommons.org/gps/ be changed to
point to the "all in one" map downloads, or at least list them as the #1
choice, and use the Geofabrik stuff only as a fallback if you have an
older Garmin model that doesn't support the all in one.

Bye
Frederik