[OSM-talk] Haiti: All in One Garmin Map now with Damage layer and MapSource installer

Colin Marquardt cmarqu42 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:27:31 GMT 2010

2010/1/27 Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm>:
> On 27/01/2010 20:44, Colin Marquardt wrote:
>> 2010/1/27 Margie Roswell<mroswell at gmail.com>:
>>> Thanks for the helpful replies, all.
>>>
>>> Is there a list of which (presumably Garmin) GPS's support
>>> "all-in-one" and which don't?
>>
>> I personally know that it works on the GPSmap 60C(S)x and the etrex
>> Legend HCx/etrex Vista HCx devices. Garmin Mobile (a software for
>> PDAs/cellphones) also seems to work.
>
> If a Garmin supports typ files does that mean the all in one map will work?

I would assume so, though we also took care to pick elements from
Garmin's internally-supported feature list that match roughly what we
want to show (there is some "danger" stuff in that list), so it might
be that the All-in-One is still useful without the TYP file capability
(if only for the routing, assuming that it works). The map is
currently at 10 MB file size, so this might be a bigger problem on
older units.

Cheers
  Colin