[OSM-talk] Revisited: how to edit GPX tracks?

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sat Jan 30 15:06:57 GMT 2010

Craig Wallace wrote:

>On 29/01/2010 03:51, Steve Bennett wrote:
>
>GPSBabel does have a radius filter, so you include or exclude points
>within a distance of a location. It seems it only works on waypoints,
>but you can transform tracks to waypoints, and back again.
>There's an example on this page:
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Using_filters_with_GPSBabel

See also
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-April/036064.html

But still there is no (at least I found no) way to reduce/delete point
clouds randomly streewn over the track (here I made a
picnic, there I enjoyed a tourism=viewpoint) using gpsbabel without
reducing the quality of the log painfully.