[OSM-talk] Rendering street names across several ways

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:16:11 BST 2010

I've got situations where a side road name continues across a main
road, and it looks distinctly odd (must happen all the time in grid
layouts). I solved the problem by breaking the way at the main road.
If a renderer wants to be clever and put the sections back together,
they need to suppress the behaviour when the shared node is also
shared by a higher-class highway.

In the St Petersburg example, the root of the problem is long street
names. Maybe you need to render it yourself in a smaller/narrower
font.

Richard