[OSM-talk] correcting/helping inexperienced mappers

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 05:07:55 BST 2010

there's a mapper near me, who's very active adding data.

the problem is, he's making a lot of mistakes, such as roads not
joining correctly at junctions, bridges drawn as a separate parallel
line to the highway they should relate to, and other fairly
unambiguous errors.

up till now, i've corrected mistakes as i've seen them, but he does so
much it's become a hell of a job, and feels like pointless duplication
of effort

i would like to point out what he's doing, but am concerned i'll piss
him off and/or discourage him from mapping at all. the area we're in
doesn't have a huge number of mappers, so osm really needs his
enthusiasm and knowledge

any suggestions on how to approach this?

i guess this is more of a training/diplomacy issue than mapping per
se, but i was never great at either of those

cheers