[OSM-talk] correcting/helping inexperienced mappers

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Jul 2 12:30:11 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
> there's a mapper near me, who's very active adding data.
>
> the problem is, he's making a lot of mistakes, such as roads not
> joining correctly at junctions, bridges drawn as a separate parallel
> line to the highway they should relate to, and other fairly
> unambiguous errors.

In addition to the great suggestions from others:
- point them at any local OSM meeting calendar / schedule.
- start that local meeting calendar or schedule if required. Talking
face to face and coaching while they use their computer is helpful.
- offer a story about how you discovered that zooming in and using
"use thin lines" in PL1 helped you avoid broken junctions.