[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Jul 3 14:27:16 BST 2010

John,

John Smith wrote:
> What you quoted had nothing to do with share-a-like, but was
> specifically about attribution...

But the underlying idea of property is required for attribution as well;
you cannot force people to provide attribution without first claiming
that the data is yours and yours alone and only by following your
license will people be allowed to use it.

> As I pointed out in a previous email, the issue of license for most
> contributors is a moral one and doesn't directly effect contributors
> one way or another, as long as it fits their sense of morals.

Probably right. Sometimes I have the impression that many people do not
so much respond to a status but more to a change of that status. Do
something under license A and it's ok; do it under B and it's ok; but do
it under A then change to B, or B then change to A, is asking for trouble.

Bye
Frederik