[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Sat Jul 3 15:24:41 BST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> people  who [...]
> go away and join the RIAA. But that is my personal opinion

There is this copyright researcher, Mathias Klang[1], working on CC in
Sweden who gave some categories of people who argue about copyright.
I'm not sure this is complete but this is y interpretation of it:

So copyright is broken what do we do?
1. you can't fix it, kill it! (you?)
2. lets use what we can,  it to convert the world! (SA , GPL)
3. you should kill people who undermine it  (RIAA)

But on one hand I've seen you defend the right to claim owner ship of
my map data if it's used in a produced work. So maybe I forgot some
category, or maybe generalizations are evil.

/emj

[1]  I like his post about Open data license which discuss what you
attack so much: http://techrisk.se/?p=1981