[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

Oliver (skobbler) osm.oliver.kuehn at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 20:25:19 BST 2010

>The problem here is people are better off doing what they find
>interesting, if they are forced, or feel forced to go in a certain
>direction they may tire or become bored and loose interest entirely in
>OSM.

If you understood that I say you should "force" or "tell" people what to map
then this is completely wrong understanding. I said that you should tell
them what is important for the community to excel in a certain area. It can
be very inspiring and motivating to jointly pursue a goal if this leads to
the fact that you become world class in that certain area. It would
certainly free up some competitive spirit if it would be clear what is the
area where you want to excel and against whom you are competing. The
competitive spirit has been completely neglected so far.

Regards,
Oliver