[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

Oliver (skobbler) osm.oliver.kuehn at gmx.de
Tue Jul 6 08:22:12 BST 2010

>That's not to say the Foundation shouldn't be planning ahead, but
>there's a big difference between that and trying to come up with a
>"vision". If we need a vision, a plan or anything like that (and
>that's debatable anyway) then it's best for it to appear from the
>bowels of the community, not be thrashed out at a OSMF board weekend
>retreat.

I understand that is was decided by the OSMF board that funding is supposed
to become a more structured activity. What would you say to someone
interested in funding? "OpenStreetMap doesn't have a strategic goal; it's
never had one. We have no idea what our financial needs are in the next year
because we haven't set any goals for next year. But please give us money as
we might need some."? Or would you say that funding is supposed to be
postponed?

Regards,
Oliver