[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

Oliver (skobbler) osm.oliver.kuehn at gmx.de
Tue Jul 6 09:48:25 BST 2010

>As I said in my email it's
>straightforward to make plans for the future without needing a "goal".
>These plans can, and should, be based on what's happening, and
>therefore what we plan/expect will happen in the future.

Absolutely in regards to plans, I just said that it should be triggered and
facilitated by the board to coordinate with other activities like funding,
for which a certain level of planning is a prerequisite rather sooner than
later.

I do not agree that there doesn't need to be goal or vision. If I interpret
your recent mail to sourceforge correctly you see OpenStreetMap as "host for
mapping projects". In this case the goal or vision would be something like
to "facilitate and encourage the creation maps for what purposes
whatsoever". Something like this would give people an umbrella and a better
understanding of what OpenStreetMap is about - and especially to communicate
the project to the outside world. If you would ask ten people today what
openstreetmap is about you would get ten different answers, that is what you
can also see from this thread.

Regards,
Oliver