[OSM-talk] Shared nodes between non-routable objects?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:19:00 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:
> Another case where I’ve found it especially useful to share nodes, even
> between routable and non-routable objects, is for speed limits.  In at
> least one case that I’m aware of, the speed limit is defined in the law
> as “on XXX street, from YYY street westerly to the city limits”.  The
> node where the speed limit-changing way split is located should also be
> part of the polygon that describes the city limits.

Yep. In my area (Victoria, Australia), we have administrative
boundaries supplied by the government, and you can see that in some
places they follow roads or creeks, but we've never quite taken the
step of confirming that that's the case and merging the road ways and
boundary ways. It would certainly be cleaner.

Steve