[OSM-talk] Question on filtering data

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Jul 14 12:29:40 BST 2010

Liz -

Do you have experience with computer programming? You will need to know how
to process XML. I don't have too much experience with the OSM API, but this
should be fairly straightforward.

I would break the task up into something like this:

Download details for all of the changesets of that user, extract id numbers
[1]
Split the 600km2 into bounding boxes by calculating what the API allows as
<area maximum="">[2]
For each bounding box:
  download features [3]
  for each feature, check feature id against user's changes
  if that feature is a match, add it to a list of matches

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Methods_for_User_Data
[2]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Capabilities:_GET_.2Fapi.2Fcapabilities
[3]