[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] What could we do to make this licences discussion more inclusive?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:08:43 BST 2010

On 17 July 2010 22:04, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 July 2010 21:57, Heiko Jacobs <heiko.jacobs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Did I misunderstood the posting below because of not perfect english?
>
> I was thinking about a different email, however it's the same case but
> has the wrong interpretation as to the scope.

The grounds of the case was purely over if facts themselves could be
copyrighted, the ruling was based on if individual facts within a
database were covered by copyright, and as a result the database
itself. However as soon as you add creative content it changes things,
but from what I've been told, there won't be a final ruling on this
till next year, in the meant time Telstra (owner of white/yellow
pages) is going round trying to get this over turned.