[OSM-talk] What could we do to make this licences discussion more inclusive?

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sun Jul 18 23:12:01 BST 2010

On Jul 18, 2010, at 11:23 PM, Liz wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Did imports and Nearmap tracing in Australia start before the
>> relicensing effort, or were you simply not aware of it, or did you not
>> take it seriously?
> We started imports a while ago, with the first I recall in 2007.
> In 2007 I was not aware of an attempt to relicense OSM, but it was probably
> started by then. What I read on signup was CC-by-SA, and no talk of any future
> change.
>
> Then ODBL was presented, with a fanfare, and later the "Contributor Terms"
> crept out, more quietly.

No... it slithered out from the 7th Circle of Hell, spawned by the Evil LWG and her commander Mike of Norse.

The Brethren Thirteen (the Evil Number) hath rendered blah blah blah...

Seriously - where do you guys get off with these dark mutterings? The CT's didn't 'creep out quietly', you just weren't paying attention.

You don't have to cast these vague aspersions on the LWG to make your point.

Steve

stevecoast.com