[OSM-talk] What could we do to make this licences discussion more inclusive?

TimSC mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Mon Jul 19 10:14:35 BST 2010

On 19/07/10 03:07, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> SteveC-2 wrote:
>
>> And I'll try to imagine your parents basement where you toil endlessly on
>> such counts.
>>
> If this is how the OSMF board conducts themselves, perhaps it's best to give
> them as little power as possible over the data and its license.

Name calling is the least of our problems at this stage! I don't think
Steve was speaking in an official OSMF capacity on this one.

But I do think we need to balance the power of OSMF and the
contributors. It reminds me of Greek vs. modern political philosophy -
the former considered "who should rule?", the later considers "how do we
tame the rulers?".

TimSC