[OSM-talk] Suggestion to add SA clause to CT section 3, describing "free and open license"

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:06:57 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I still haven't heard from SteveC or others from OSMF official answer
> wouldn't adding SA clause to section 3 in CT help situation a little -
> at least it would give contributors a promise that if there another
> license change is needed, license still will be SA (in a spirit of
> ODBL).

Hi Peter,

The OSMF (i.e. the LWG) isn't likely to give you an answer in the
timeframe you expect - they meet once a week and have a huge
(growing?) amount of things to deal with. Even on a good day it might
take 2-3 weeks for them to get you a response, and if it involves
legal advice maybe even longer.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just hoping that you realise these
things can take a while, and hoping that you have the patience to
wait!

Cheers,
Andy