[OSM-talk] Suggestion to add SA clause to CT section 3, describing "free and open license"

Ben Last ben.last at nearmap.com
Tue Jul 20 01:34:45 BST 2010

On 20 July 2010 08:10, Simon Ward <simon at bleah.co.uk> wrote:

> Not because of NearMap, no way would I just give in to some organisation
> who feels they can’t fit with our terms.

I'm not assuming that Simon was necessarily directing that at us, but I
think it's worth saying here that NearMap are specifically *not,* in any
way, trying to dictate or attempt to control the OSM process. This is a
community effort, and it is not our place to be seen to be influencing it.
 We're just keen to make it clear that the *Share-Alike* part of the licence
is key to us allowing our PhotoMaps to be used as the source of OSM data.
 That's not an arbitrary choice we make; it's important to the way we
operate our business (our aims and our business model are publically
available).

Cheers
Ben

--