[OSM-talk] Help of native english needed

Tirkon tirkon33 at yahoo.de
Sun Jul 25 12:06:10 BST 2010

Hello,

many of our mappers are primarily bicyclists, hikers, truckers,
anglers or other hobbyhorsers. Often the Wiki is written as a
reference for computer-freaks and -scientists. But we need the help of
as many mappers as possible. We all know, how many white places still
exist in the wide world, but as well in our most coupletely mapped
countries.

Thus the wiki - in particular the mapping features - should be
understandable for those peoples with sparse computer knowledges as
well. So I made a first begin in the german Wiki. Because the most
problematical topic "relations" in the english wiki was still not made
for those people, I wrote an introduction.

Problematical was my lack of english language. Often I took the latin
word, which was easier to translate in order to meet the correct
meaning. Thus I would be thankful, if native english or experienced
ones could change the latin words against clever pedagogical and
generally understandable, non academic words and check the text for a
better formulation and understandability.

Thank you in advance!

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations