[OSM-talk] syj: preview of a web site to store routes, need your opinions :)

arno arno at renevier.net
Tue Jul 27 15:18:37 BST 2010

Hi,
I'm currently writing a web site to share routes: you draw a route on an
OpenStreetMap background, and then, you get an url to your paths drawn over an
osm background. This can be used to show clever bicycle rides, to show your
last hiking, or any route you want to show.

My work is currently unfinished, but I've set up a public preview in order to
get some feedback before going on. My aim is to be able to fix possible
conception errors or anticipate future features early.

The website is currently at this url:
http://osm-syj.crans.org/

you can see examples of routes here:
http://osm-syj.crans.org/idx/1
http://osm-syj.crans.org/idx/3
http://osm-syj.crans.org/idx/6

So, what do you like in the site, what can be improved ? what are the features
you miss ? did you find it hard to use ? did you find bugs ? what would you
want to use it for ? any kind of feedback is welcome !!!

Last but not least, note, that the website is currently only set to get
feedback: is not for public use yet: it may change, url may also change, and
I'll delete the database in a few weeks.

regards
arno