[OSM-talk] OpenTrailView

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 13:59:14 BST 2010

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know I gave a talk on "OpenTrailView", which aims to be a StreetView-like project for paths and trails, at SOTM.

In case anyone didn't get the URL of the project it's here:
http://www.free-map.org.uk/otv/

and all updates during development will be made at the blog:
http://www.free-map.org.uk/wordpress/

I've made one or two tweaks already, since SOTM. In particular, one suggestion made at SOTM was to allow users to upload ordinary photos as well as panoramas, to lower the barrier to entry. This is now done, though note you cannot as yet *view* ordinary photos. However, you can upload two linked photos (one facing one direction, one facing the other) to the site.

I'll be working a lot on the viewing interface next, so this may not always be functional. However I'm aiming to keep the upload side of things up and running throughout.

Nick