[OSM-talk] Image Of The Week proposal

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Jul 28 16:29:20 BST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Adam Killian wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 15:57 +0200, Floris Looijesteijn wrote:
>
>> But the girl is worth image of the week anyhow...
>>

> Could we please not talk about the girl anymore?  This is the kind of
> behavior that can drive women away from open source projects and geekery
> in general.
>
> I would prefer we not have a situation like the infamous CouchDB
> fiasco[1] in OSM.
>
> [1] - http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/CouchDB_talk

After the GSoC summit last year where about 3 hours where totaly devoted
to being inclusive rather than exclusive. The hole concept 'the girl'
doesn't even bothers the persons having the XX in their genome
participating in projects.

Off-list harrasment was actually the core issue.

Now if someone would like to talk about 'the girl' or how pretty she was.
Please do so, and next mapping party take your girlfriends friends with
you. Or start younger and do a kids party with housenumber mapping.

Stefan