[OSM-talk] [Tagging] emergency=*

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 30 18:48:34 BST 2010

John,

John Smith wrote:
> why can't there be better tools to summarise or model changes

One of my points in the other discussion what that writing proper
changeset comments also means showing respect to the rest of the
community. Showing respect, interacting with humans, is something that
no piece of software can do for you.

You have spent a lot of time preparing and executing this change, but
even so you were unable or unwilling to even spend a minute to think of
a suitable changeset comment. The very least thing to say would be "yes,
sorry, I've made a mistake". Also, you have completely ignored the
widely accepted community rules for making automated changes - were they
unknown to you, or did you somehow think they would not apply to your plan?

Bye
Frederik