[OSM-talk] My Vote for "most point dense" part of OSM

John Harvey john at JohnHarveyPhoto.com
Sat Jul 31 19:11:11 BST 2010

Total trivia.  Ever wonder where the most dense mapping in the OSM is?
There are a few candidates:

Paris is impressive:

http://osm.org/go/0BOd2jSc

But if you look at how it's built, a lot of points are shared in
relations (as it should be, but not winning the most dense award)

In Germany there is a very dense field of buildings:

http://osm.org/go/0MbEX3rqa--

It's so dense, it doesn't really render well even in the closest tile
set.  It's a lot of points.  It's doesn't win in my books though because
it's such a limited area.
My vote for "most point dense" is part of Bakersfield, California:

http://osm.org/go/TY4n4MnA

My favorite part is how they rendered the street edges into the
residential ways.  They even include out buildings and trees.  Even at
the closest zoom, potlatch is all thumbs editing.  Wow.

Cool maps!

John