[OSM-talk] A plea for meaning ful changeset comments

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:15:21 BST 2010

On 1 August 2010 03:43, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:
> Another way to look at it is that it's your own time you are saving.
> If another mapper has a question about your changes and they have to contact
> you and you need to reply, that uses a lot more time than a quick explanation
> attached to the change when it was uploaded.

I can count using my fingers and toes the number of times I've been
emailed about a changeset, and most of them weren't even questioning
what or why I did what I did, but simply complaining about the
changeset comment, it took far less time than if I'd set hundreds if
not thousands of changeset comments accurately reflecting what I was
doing, and that's assuming I didn't make any mistakes that may have
mislead people about the changes I'd made.