[OSM-talk] Software goes on, brain goes off...

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Jun 1 00:01:36 BST 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:40 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 1 June 2010 07:29, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Nakor wrote:
> >> Did Google add their notice after the fact?
> >
> > I am trying to make it a habit to read articles before I reply to them
> > and have already found it saves me some embarassment.
>
> In this case it doesn't matter if there is a notice or not, I
> personally wouldn't go and play on a busy road just because some
> mapping software suggests it's a good idea :)

She wasn't playing, she was walking to her destination.  I can't tell from
the pictures whether it was her fault for following the route, her fault for
walking on the wrong side of the road, her fault for not staying close
enough to the side of the road, the government's fault for not banning
pedestrians, the government's fault for setting too high of a speed limit,
or the car driver's fault.  From the aerials it does look as though there
was enough room on at least one side of the road to walk (it wasn't a paved
sidewalk, but whatever).

Ridiculous that she'd try to blame Google, though.