[OSM-talk] Software goes on, brain goes off...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:10:09 BST 2010

On 2 June 2010 18:49, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As others have said, foot=no when pedestrians are legally allowed is a

I was one of them if you check my replies.

> bad idea. As long as you walk against traffic, drivers will usually
> see you, and you can easily see and get out of the way of any vehicles

Just because they can see you doesn't make it a good idea to walk
along there, as I pointed out before there isn't a single criteria
that deems something safe or unsafe, it's usually a combination of
factors.

Perhaps the best way to think of this is foot_unsafe=yes if it is
likely to be a bad idea...