[OSM-talk] Giving everything a unique ID

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 3 07:26:42 BST 2010

Hi,
here is a humble suggestion, instead of giving *everything* unique id,
we might focus on making some form of permalink that is usable upon
request. Like for wikipedia articles etc, that we can link to and be
relatively sure that the link will still be there. Some form of watch
tool that would inform the user that the permalink he created is
broken.
It would be easier to maintain a list of "don't break me" links than
to rework the whole system.
mike