[OSM-talk] Giving everything a unique ID

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 01:55:33 BST 2010

On 4 June 2010 00:20, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Hmm, on second thought, maybe that's not such a hot idea.  There might be
> two different stores which are combined into one, and obviously we'd want to
> keep both uuids (otherwise they wouldn't be "permanent").

David Dean has suggested Flickr would probably be more interested in
building UUIDs than tenants, so this is as good a reason as any to
automatically allocate multiple UUIDs based on what the object is
tagged with when a UUID is requested.

I've also incorporated most of your previous emails suggestions into
the wiki page, it might be useful to get a comment from Flickr or
Wikipedia about our current thinking, since they are the ones most
likely to benefit from this.