[OSM-talk] Custom rendering of a small map

Tim Teulings tim at framstag.com
Sat Jun 5 14:43:02 BST 2010

Hello!
> I'm interested in this, too, because I want to draw OSM data in my car
> computer as a sort of GPS satnav/realtime editor.

See libosmscout.sf.net. It is designed as a library for offline map
drawing (however not editing) in mobile devices. It is a renderer (and
router) optimized for minimum data size and speed.
> Dane (of Mapnik fame) suggested I use Mapnik with the OSM data plugin.
> That cuts out the majority of the setup time due to PostGIS install
> and import of OSM data.

Since libosmsocut uses cairo internally and cairo has SVG export this
would should work with it, too. But I assume it needs some more time to
get the required drawing quality to be usable for generating printable
maps (but it is already worth a try :-)).

--
Gruß...
    Tim